keskiviikko 22. toukokuuta 2019

My story: Who am I & am I financially free yet?

Welcome to the blog!

I am a 24 year-old man from Nordic Europe who is interested in becoming financially independent at relatively young age. By that, I mean at least before I'm 40 years old. I have a strong passion in investing, saving and becoming your own boss. My goal is not to stop working when I retire, not at all. Instead, my goal is to have more time and money to do whatever I want. That can be helping other people,  travelling, creating content, mentoring or something like that. I get bored if I have no goals or ambitions, just like everyone else. I just don't want to be slave for work, I want to escape the rat race when it's possible.

Currently, I am finishing my masters degree in IT and Business in a university. I have some work experience from the field also.

I have many people who I look up to. But one guy, who inspired me to start this blog is Jason Fieber (also Divident Mantra -blog). His story is so god damn inspiring, you should definitely check his stuff! He became financially free at 33, in just 5-6 years by saving and investing aggressively. He also had his side hustle, the blog, which generated extra income for him, especially in later years. Right now I am reading his book, 5 Steps To Retire in 5 Years, which is very easy to read and informative.

I have always been quite frugal, which has allowed me to save some money already in my previous life. I have also had some money from my grandparents, which has allowed me to enjoy the benefits of compound interest and it's amazing benefits. My parents have invested the money that I got from my grandparents when I was just a kid. I knew nothing about investing while the money was doing work for me without me even knowing that.

By the age of 18, I was able to access my money, and I started to learn a lot about investing. I remember wathing stock prices in high school via my mobile phone in class. It was all very interesting, and after I read couple of books and read some online articles, I realized that I can have the money working for me, if I learn how to invest correctly. Actually, my parents had already diversified my portfolio, so I did not had to do that much changes, I just started to watch my investments and learned along the way. It was 2013 when I started to learn about investing.

Now, I get it. I get it totally. I was very fortunate to get some money without me even knowing it. I was lucky, luckier than most people in that sense.  I am forever grateful for my grandparents who gave some of their money away, and also to my parents who invested it wisely. I was lucky, I admit it. But believe me, money does not make people happy, although people in western world think it goes that way. Money can give you freedom and opportunities, and that's it. There has been studies that after a certain number of income, the extra income won't make a man any happier. 

Now it's 2019 and I am still learning, because learning never stops and the world (also economy) is changing all the time, more rapidly than ever before in history.

I decided to start writing my blog because I want to inspire other people, share my knowledge and also document my own journey. I want to be accountable and learn from you guys also! I want people to start thinking outside of the box, and I want to show them that investing is very simple if you want it to be!

- Aron Musk


1 kommentti:

  1. Nice blog! It's very interesting and I will start following! If you are interested in my story, I started blogging a little over a month ago and focus on personal finance, fitness and the work/life balance/lifestyle. The blog is still in building, but you can find it here: https://wordpress.com/view/thefullpotential.home.blog

    Good luck with your blog!

    VastaaPoista